As hydration experts, we like to discuss and research all topics related to hydration. This time, we’ve decided to dig deeper into water fasting, its benefits, how to do it, and its potential dangers. So, what is water fasting? This technique has become popular in natural health and wellness, so if you find it interesting, here’s a chance to learn more!
During water fasting, your diet is restricted to only water for a limited time, usually from 24 to 72 hours. It can be done for several reasons and lead to many health benefits when done properly; however, most people do it as an alternative way to lose weight; it causes your body to burn stored body fat needed for all bodily functions, which in turn causes you to lose weight. Also, is said to reduce the chances of diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and certain inflammatory diseases.
How do you water fast?
We don't particularly encourage water fasting; however, if you choose to water fast, REBO, a stainless steel reusable bottle , can certainly be a helpful tool. One of REBO’s primary objectives, besides fighting plastic pollution, is to help you stay optimally hydrated. As a steel smart water bottle with functionalities that extend beyond the conventional reusable bottle, Rebo water bottle can be your perfect partner during your water fast. The hydration coach included in the REBO app will help you stay optimally hydrated the whole time so that all your bodily functions run smoothly during your fasting. A personalized plan is created based on your personal data and your activity level; the app will keep track of your water intake and will send your reminders to drink up.
Stick to the personalized plan created by the REBO app and avoid overeating right after you stop fasting; instead, eat small portions and continue to follow your personalized hydration plan.
Potential benefits of water fasting
To gain the most benefits from your fasting, you will need to stay optimally hydrated the whole time. Here are some of the benefits that may lead you to consider:
- Will work as a cleansing procedure for your kidneys eliminating harmful toxins and other unwanted substances.
- It will help with the absorption of nutrients and the oxygenation of every organ in your body.
- Can help lubricate your joints and muscles allowing them to move more easily and with less stress.
- Skin health and elasticity are associated with optimal hydration, water fasting will certainly enhance these effects.
- Good to stimulate the production of antioxidants in your body increasing, longevity and tissue repair.
- Last, most people engage in water fast to lose weight. Your metabolism will speed up and your body will burn stored fat to keep all bodily functions working correctly.
Dangers and risks of water fasting
You should always consult with your physician before doing this technique as It may lead to health problems if done incorrectly and in periods longer than 72 hrs. Depriving your body of essential nutrients, minerals, and proteins may lead to loss of muscle mass, extreme physical weakness, and eating disorders among other negative side effects. Make sure that you are in good physical condition and that you’ve had excellent nutrition prior to fasting.